Get Winter Ready!
Cold weather can have a huge impact on your home or business if you are not properly prepared. Whether it is heavy rain, freezing temperatures, damaging winds, sleet or snow, all have the potential of causing serious and costly property damage(s). While you cannot control the weather, you can take steps to be prepared and help take the sting out of winter weather.
To help prevent costly damages due to weather, consider taking the following precautions to protect your property before colder weather hits!
- Examine your property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice, and snow can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries as well.
- Roofs, water pipes, and gutters should all be inspected to ensure they are in proper working order. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your home or building. Clear gutters of all debris that may have gathered during the fall. Leaves and other obstructions can lead to an unwanted effect, that can lead to roof damage and interior water problems.
- Inspect property, walkways, and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells, and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by simply allowing water to drip when temperatures dip below freezing. If pipes are under a cabinet, leave the cabinet doors open allowing warm inside air to circulate around the pipes. If the building has outdoor faucets, consider shutting water off at the main valve in the basement or crawl space. Once the valve is off, open the outdoor faucet to ensure it drains properly, preventing any remaining water from freezing in the pipe.
- Call & request the services of SERVPRO East Ft. Worth... We'll schedule & complete an Emergency READY Profile (ERP) for your home or business. The ERP is a no cost assessment to your property and provides you with a precise plan to get you back in business quickly following a disaster.
When winter weather strikes...call the professionals at SERVPRO of East Ft. Worth (24/7-365)... We've got your back!