How to Reduce Hail Damage
If you haven't taken a look at your roof in a while, now's the time. Spring often means storms here in Fort Worth, Texas, and occasional severe weather that can include high winds and hail. Roof repairs today can help you avoid extensive, time-consuming cleanup later.
- Repair or replace worn curled or missing shingles.
- If your roof is aging, consider replacing it before hail season begins.
During a Hailstorm
Protect Yourself and Your Car
A hail storm can be as big as a softball in severe storms and fall at 50 to 100 miles per hour.
- Stay indoors.
- Stay away from skylights and glass doors to avoid broken glass.
- If it is safe, close drapes, blinds, or shades to prevent debris from blowing inside.
- If you can, park your car in the garage or other covered area.
After a Hailstorm
If you have experienced storm damage from a hailstorm, report it as soon as possible. We're "Here to Help" 24 hours a day, seven days a week. SERVPRO of East Ft. Worth can work with your insurance to get your home back to new. Tarping your roof and removing the water damage can occur from holes made by hail in your roof.